Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Watched: Inglorious Basterds (2009)


This is another power play movie from Tarantino. I am not a virgin to Tarantino films, I'm quite the addict, like a moth to a flame I search them out. This masterpiece had me, edge of my seat with my insides twisted watching in anticipation of the unraviling plot. Set in Nazi-occupied France during WWII, a group of Jewish-American soldiers known as "The Basterds" are chosen specifically to spread fear throughout the Third Reich by scalping and brutally killing Nazis.
With some big names involved it did surprise me that Christoph Waltz was my stand out in this film. What he did with his character was just brilliant acting, absolutely amazing. I will not spoil anything in this review as I believe even the blood and gut haters need to see a film like this. Taratino, I tip my hat to you sir!

If only the war was how Tarantino pitched it!

GT 2010

pic - www.wikipedia.com

3 comments:

  1. I think this is one that should be seen either on a big screen or at least with the added atmosphere of a home theatre kit. Was not sure what to expect when I saw this back in September but it's a thoroughly enjoyable experience ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of Tarantino films due to the violence but this seems to have an interesting storyline. It may just persuade me to try watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing this one. Anyone wanna lend me a home theatre kit?

    ReplyDelete